WE-link and 2Seconds in these terms and conditions are called the “Event Organizers” .
These terms and conditions apply to all participants or supporters who register to take part in the “Liberation Trail 2022”. The “Liberation Trail” will take place from the 4th of June 2022 up to and including the 8th of June 2022 with an mandatory briefing on the 3rd of June 2022.
In these terms and conditions participants and supporters will also be referred to as “you” when an article is intended for both. If an article is only intended for a participant of supporter, this will be clearly stated.
- By registering in the event you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions
- All participants must be above 18 years of age
- You are responsible for reading the details and description regarding “Liberation Trail 2022” contained on the website liberationtrail.org and any other information that may be sent to you by the Event Organizers and agree that you clearly understand what ability is required and what is entailed in participating in the “Liberation Trail 2022”
- The participant or supporter agree to this payment schedule for the total participation fee (€ 1.500) or supporter fee (€ 500):
- € 150 (participant) and € 50 (supporter) at subscription
- An extra € 350 (participant) and € 100 (supporter) before the 12th of February
- An extra € 500 (participant) and € 200 (supporter) before the 12th of March
- The final € 500 (participant) and € 150 (supporter) before the 12th of April
- Of course, you can pay your fee in one go
- When subscribing for the “Liberation Trail 2022” the participant or supporter agree to our cancellation policy in case the participant or supporter wants to cancel the subscription:
- Cancelling up to and including 4th of April. You must pay 25% of the total participation fee (€ 1.500) or supporter fee (€ 500). We will refund your paid fee by minus this 25%. So, if you paid € 1.000 as a participant when you decide to cancel, your refund will be € 1.000 minus 25% of € 1.500. So, € 625 will be your refund based on this calculation: € 1.000 -/- (25% of € 1.500 = € 375). Of course, you can also try to transfer for your participation or supporter ticket to someone else without extra costs involved. This is the most cost-effective option.
- From the 5th of April you can only transfer your ticket to someone else and you are obliged to pay the full participation or supporter fee.
- When subscribing to the “Liberation Trail 2022” you agree that you will have two options when the Event Organisers have to shift the date of the “Liberation Trail 2022” in case of force majeure (like Covid-19 measures):
- Shifting your participation to the new date without any extra costs. This is the most cost-effective option.
- Claiming a refund of the paid fee by you minus a percentage of the total participation fee (€1.500) or supporter
fee (€ 500) in accordance with this scheme:
- Announcement of the shifting up to and including 4th of April 2022 (2 months before the original start of the event): Paid fee minus 25% of the total participation or supporter fee. So, if you paid € 1.000 as a participant when the shift is announced, your refund will be € 1.000 minus 25% of € 1.500. So, € 625 will be your refund based on this calculation: € 1.000 -/- (25% of € 1.500 = € 375).
- Announcement of the shifting from 5th of April 2022 up to and including 4th of May (1 month before the original start of the event): Paid fee minus 40% of the total participation or supporter fee. So, if you paid € 500 as a supporter when the shift is announced, your refund will be € 500 minus 40% of € 500. So, € 300 will be your refund based on this calculation: € 500 -/- (40% of € 500 = € 200).
- Announcement of the shifting from 5th of May 2022 up to and including 28th of May (1 week before the original start of the event): Paid fee minus 50% of the total participation or supporter fee. So, if you paid € 1.500 as a participant when the shift is announced, your refund will be € 1.000 minus 50% of € 1.500. So, € 750 will be your refund based on this calculation: € 1.500 -/- (50% of € 1.500 = € 750).
- Announcement of the shifting from 29th of May 2022 up to and including 2nd of June (2 days before the original start of the event): Paid fee minus 80% of the total participation or supporter fee. So, if you paid € 1.500 as a participant when the shift is announced, your refund will be € 1.000 minus 80% of € 1.500. So, € 300 will be your refund based on this calculation: € 1.500 -/- (80% of € 1.500 = € 1.200). In this last case the force majeure will be for example a big storm, a tsunami, new unexpected Covid-19 measures
- A refund is only applicable if the participant of the supporter has paid the fee.
- If any details provided by you on your registration form change you must notify the Event Organisers immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Event Organizers reserve the right to cancel your participation in the event if any information provided by you is found to be inaccurate in any way. In this case you will be refunded your entry fee minus 20% administration costs
- You agree that if issued, GPS data (from the issued GPS Tracker) of your movements at the “Liberation Trail 2022” will be displayed and recorded. This data will available to be recalled after the event
- Please note that all arrangements for the “Liberation Trail 2022”, including the venue, date and programme may be subject to change, any changes will be notified to you by email
- You are responsible for ensuring that you have taken your own medical advice, and that you are medical fit and healthy and have undertaken appropriate training and preparation to participate in the “Liberation Trail 2022”
- You are responsible for taking out suitable personal insurance cover for your participation in the “Liberation Trail 2022”
- You agree that you participate in the “Liberation Trail 2022” at your own risk, and accept that the Event Organisers cannot be liable to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any personal injury sustained by you in any way or loss or damage to any personal property as a result of your participation in the event
- You must abide by any rules or regulations of the “Liberation Trail 2022” that may be notified to you by the Event Organisers or the venue owners at any point leading up to or at the event
- You must show respect and courtesy towards other participants and spectators. If you behave in any manner which is, in the Event Organisers opinion, poor sportsmanship or a risk to the safety of any other participant, spectators or anyone else in attendance at the event this may result in you being disqualified from the “Liberation Trail 2022” and removed from the venue
- You are responsible for the safe keeping of your own personal possessions and those of any spectators you may bring to the “Liberation Trail 2022”. Personal possessions left unattended at the venue in any facilities provided or otherwise are left entirely at your own risk
- The Event Organizers are not responsible for any third party organisations that may be provide other services at the “Liberation Trail 2022”. You use any such services at your own risk
- If access to published course is restricted for any reason an alternative route will be used
- You agree to photographs and video being taken at the event and that any images of you may be used by the Event Organisers in any media regarding the event and to market and advertise the event or any other similar events
- By registering you are agreeing to any data provided being used by the Event Organisers to contact you regarding other events
- You agree that once you have been issued your GPS Tracker you are responsible for it. You agree to pay a sum of € 50 on invoice if you do not return your GPS Tracker at the finish of the event
If you need assistance in reading and understanding these terms and conditions please email email@example.com
1 – What is included in the participation fee of € 1.500?
- Exclusive duffle bag with your name
- Spectacular starts
- GPS live tracker
- Checkpoints with water and the possibility to pick up your own small bag with your own food / drinks. This small bag you have hand in to the organisation at the start of the stage
- Medical support
- Sleeping in an army tent (bring your own sleeping bag) for five nights (3-8 June)
- Transfers in army vehicles (a transfer for example from the camp site to the start of a new stage)
- Luggage transport from one camp site to the next one
- Breakfast and diner, starting with diner at he 3th of June and ending with breakfast at the 8th of June)
- Tourist taxes
2 – What is included in the supporter fee of € 500?
- Bed in one of the army tents (bring you own sleeping bag an pillow) for five nights (3-8 June)
- Breakfast and diner together with the participants, starting with diner at he 3th of June and ending with breakfast at the 8th of June)
- Tourist taxes
Supporters need to arrange their own support between the start of a stage to the finish that stage where the new camp will be located.
3 – How do I get to the check-in location in Normandy, France?
You have to arrange your own transport to the check-in location
4 – Where is the check-in location located?
The check-in is located in Normady, France. The exact location will be announced later.
5 – When am I expected at the check-in location?
You need to be checked in Friday 3th of June 2021 18:00hrs. Diner and subsequent briefing will start at 19:00hrs.
6 – Are showers and changing rooms available before and after each stage?
We will use camp sites including showers and toilets. The showers can also be used for changing.
7 – Are for each gender (man, woman, neutral) seperated army tent available?
No. The army tents where we sleep will be mixed.
8 – Will my personal stuff transported from the start of each stage to the finish of that same stage?
Yes, we will transport your personal stuff that you don’t need during running the stage from the start to the finish of that stage.
9 – What are the time limits for the stages?
We only have a time limit for the stage of 100km: 18 hours. For the other stages there is no time limit, because we run from the start to the next camp site. So, no transport is needed from the finish to the camp site.
10 – What equipment is required?
The mandatory kit list for the Liberation Trail consist of:
- Closed trail running shoes with plenty of grip on the sole
- Running backpack
- Waterproof rain jacket
- Warm clothing (top and trousers / running tights) as an insulating layer between the outer clothing and the skin
- Working headlamp with spare batteries (only needed when starting in the dark and the 100 KM stage)
- Food supplies with your name and race number written on every single item of food packaging
- Cup to take drinks at the refreshment stations
- Water container or soft flasks with accumulating volume of at least 1.5 litres.
- Emergency kit (1x compress 10x10cm, 2x bandages, 2x gloves, 1x triangular bandage, 4x plasters, emergency whistle, blister plasters, survival blanket)
- Navigation watch loaded with the GPS track of the course you are running or, alternatively, a self printed route map or map stored on a mobile device.
- Mobile telephone with emergency telephone number saved into the phone in order to make emergency calls and inform the race organisers if you have to pull out of the race before reaching the finish (mobile phone must work abroad)
- Sleeping bag & pillow
- Spare clothes for the five stages
11 – What food is included?
Breakfast and diner are included, starting with diner at the 3th of June and ending with breakfast at the 8th of June)
12 – Is it possible to take into account my food preferences and/or food allergies?
When booking you can choose the next food preferences:
- No restrictions
- Only fish (no meat)
- Only meat (no fish)
- Gluten allergy
- Other allergies…….
13 – How are the aid stations equipped during the stages?
Every participant can hand in a small bag with their personal food and drinks for each aid station on the course of that day. As an organization we only provide water at these food stations. The number of aid stations depends on the length of the stage:
- 50 KM: 2 aid stations
- 60 KM: 2 aid stations
- 40 KM: 1 aid station
- 100 KM: 3 aid stations
- 42.195km: 2 aid stations
14 – Is medical support available?
One person with a medical background is part of the organization team. This person is available at the camp site for consultation before each start and after the finish.
During the stages you can contact our medic via our emergency phone number.
15 – How do I get back home from the finish in Arnhem, the Netherlands?
You have to arrange your own transport from Arnhem back home or another destination.